Supply Chain Management Center
The Supply Chain Management Center (SCMC) is a strategic supply chain program dedicated to simplifying the buying process to enable savings for Department of Energy Environmental Management and National Nuclear Security Administration prime contractors.
Founded in 2006, the SCMC works collaboratively to develop commodity agreements that can be used by multiple sites across the enterprise. By leveraging more than $5 billion of annual spend, the SCMC is able to yield lower prices and optimize business systems, providing cost savings and value to our customer, the DOE. Our success is attributed to our close working relationships with the contractor locations, as well our focus on achieving the mission & vision, while measuring performance to established goals.
To enhance National Security Enterprise and Environmental Management Contractor acquisition processes creating an effective, efficient, and strategically driven enterprise-wide Sourcing and Procurement function.
The long-term objective of the SCMC is to collaborate with the Contractor community to implement, maintain, and continuously improve an enterprise system to achieve integration, leveraged spend, and overall reduced acquisition cost.
- Robust digital tools for sourcing, procurement, and online catalogs
- Multi-site and regional commodity agreements
- In-depth understanding of internal purchasing needs of clients
- Insight and knowledge of commodity and supply markets
- Inclusive, collaborative method used to drive solutions
An award-winning program
- NNSA Office of Infrastructure Gold Excellence Award - 2022
- DOE Secretary's Appreciation Award for Management Excellence - Contractor Acquisition University - 2022
- Defense Programs Award of Excellence - 2008, 2010, 2022
- NNSA Senior Procurement Executive Award - 2019
- Progressive Manufacturing's "Top 100 Supply Chain Organizations in the World" Award - 2010
- Defense Programs Award of Excellence for Lab and Measurement Team - 2009